The Orange Circle Award honors individuals who go above and beyond in their daily lives and who possess a deep responsibility for extraordinary philanthropic acts.
These are not limited to financial support, but also include volunteerism—those acts that better society through contributions of time and talent.
Orange Circle nominees exemplify the following qualities and characteristics:
- They are affiliated in some way with Syracuse University, but not necessarily be students or alumni.
- They exhibit the best qualities of Orange spirit—the willingness to work hard, a concern for others, and a desire to change the lives of others for the better.
- They have an outstanding record of service and philanthropy to their cause, whether in the form of financial support or contributions of time and/or talent.
- They display a commitment to create change in the world around them.
- They have a history of dedication and service to Syracuse University.
In addition, all nominees have an official nomination from a member of the SU community. Nominations for the Orange Circle Award are accepted in the fall. For more information, visit alumni.syr.edu.